NBF Commitment to Security
At National Bank of Fujairah we take all precautions to safeguard the information of the customers. We believe in helping our customers to manage and protect their assets.
NBF is committed to provide a secure online experience that protects your confidential information.
We use industry-accepted security practices to properly authenticate your identity when you access our online banking and help to protect the information as it travels over the internet between your computer and the NBF internet baking site.
We also constantly monitor and assess the security of our systems. Out Internet Banking environment is protected through a 3-tier firewall which undergoes regular audit through Industry standard procedures and tools.
Some of the security controls we have:-
- We use multifactor authentication for users to access our online banking, through the User ID, password and one-time password (optional). The webpage where the customer types this information is a secured page.
- When you log into Internet Banking you are said to be in a secure session. You know you are in a secure session if the URL address begins with https:// and a padlock symbol appears at the top of the page as part of the address bar. This will ensure that the customer communicate with us securely and conduct online transactions safely.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology is used within your Internet Banking session to encrypt your personal information before it leaves your computer so that no one else can read it. Depending on your browser setting, a pop-up window will appear to notify you that you will be entering a secured page. We use 128-bit SSL encryption, which is accepted as the industry standard.
Limit on Number of Logon Attempts:
If you are unable to input the correct username and password you won't be able to access the account, this ensures additional security. However bank also facilitates to generate your password online or by calling the customer care.
After 3 unsuccessful attempts to login, the user id will be blocked automatically. The user id and the password will be enabled only by calling customer care and authenticate yourself to request for the activation.
- This security feature continues to protect you once you logged in successfully. To protect against unauthorized access, the system will terminate your session if you open the session and inactive for 10 minutes. You can get back to your session only by logging with your username and password.
No Back, Forward or Refresh:
Avoid accessing your Internet Banking account from a cyber cafe or a shared computer. However, if you happen to do so change your passwords from your own computer.
To access NBF's online Banking, always type in the correct URL (http://www.Nbf.ae) into your browser window. Never click a link that offers to take you to our website.
If your log-in IDs or passwords appear automatically on the sign-in page of a secure website, you should disable the "Auto Complete" function to increase the security of your information.
- To disable the "Auto Complete" function:
- Open Internet Explorer and click "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Content".
- Under "Personal Information", click "Auto Complete".
- Uncheck "User names and passwords on forms" and click "Clear Passwords".
- Click "OK".
Change your Internet Banking passwords (both log-in password and transaction password) after your first log-in, and thereafter regularly (at least once in a month).
Your password should be complex and difficult for others to guess. Use letters, numbers and special characters [such as! @, #, $, %, ^, &,* (,)] in your passwords.
For additional security to financial transactions through Internet Banking, create and maintain different passwords for log-in and for transactions.
Never share your Internet Banking passwords with others including NBF employee. The bank staff will never request for the password.
Every time you complete your online banking session, always log out from the Internet Banking using the logout button. Do not just close your browser.
After you have logged-in, always check the last log-in of your Internet Banking account. This can be displayed on the main page after you login.